Showing posts tagged with “photography”
Take me somewhere far and magical.
I’ve been busy with school lately that taking pictures of myself needed to be scheduled beforehand. I hate it but I love going to my class everyday, anyway.
Photos by my friend Cheska.
Summer is all about getting lost in a new place and finding your way back with someone you love. My friend, Maica, and I had an epic time in my other friend Meeren’s hometown in Nagcarlan, a place unfamiliar to both of us. We will definitely go back.
You can never be too old or too young to start a love affair with the world. Explore and travel as much as you can.
A day late, but whatever.
HAPPY LATE VALENTINE’S/SINGLE AWARENESS DAY (whichever you prefer)! Here are highlights of my yesterday:
1. A guy sang and played guitar for his girlfriend in one of my lecture classes! It was the sweetest! Imagine having the guts to ask permission from our professor to play in the middle of the class in front of 160 students for his girl? I’m a sucker for guys who sing really well, so that explains all the squealing that my seatmate had to endure the entire time.
2. Dinner with my dates a.k.a. 13 of my friends!
3. Exchanged gifts with them. Gifts like those that people in a relationship give to their partners- chocolates, flowers, cakes. I’ve gotten myself a new pillow! Yay!
4. Impromptu Valentine at 11 pm. No details ‘cause I’m keeping this all to myself. Hahaha
Again, Happy Late Valentine’s/Single Awareness Day! Well, I prefer Happy Friends Appreciation Day!
Valentines Special: 15 Reasons to Date and Not Date a Photographer
Reasons to Date:
1. You will always have a nice profile picture on your Facebook.
2. He will make you see the beauty in things you see everyday.
3. You will always be asked on an adventure.
4. He would do anything and everything to take away the insecurities you have on your looks.
5. You will be his favorite model.
6. Your family would love him because they will always have a photographer to take their photos.
7. He will constantly look at you and randomly tell you how amazing you look.
8. He would make you see how an ugly movie could be pretty.
9. He would document all the memories you will have together.
10. He would never cheat on you because his only other love would be his camera.
11. When coming home from his adventures, he wouldn’t just tell you about the trip, he’d show you and make you feel like you were there.
12. You would get free access to the best spot in a concert/event.
13. Travelling by plane is essential in the relationship.
14. He will take you to breathtaking places for any occasion.
15. Leaving a photographer could be the dumbest thing you’ll ever do.
Reasons NOT to Date:
1. In a breathtaking moment, he rather shoot you than stand by you.
2. When walking on the beach, you will constantly stop so he can take the sunset.
3. Before eating your food, he will stop you so he can take photos of the food.
4. Before entering a restaurant, he will look for the table with the best lighting.
5. You will always have to dress up because you know he’s going to shoot you.
6. Instead of analyzing the story of the movie, he will annoy you with lighting facts and trivia.
7. You won’t be able to hold his hand all the time because he’s holding his camera.
8. During road trips, he wouldn’t mind you driving as long as he can take pictures.
9. His adventures will always be in risk of his safety.
10. You will end up standing alone in a concert because he’s busy shooting at a better angle.
11. There’s always a better angle than where you’re standing.
12. When you talk about something while watching something beautiful, he’s computing the settings of how he would shoot it.
13. You will forever be insecure when you use your camera.
14. You will even lose him to your own family during occasions.
15. Dating a photographer maybe the dumbest thing you’ll ever do.
Happy Valentines everyone!
(photo taken in the Hot Air Balloon Festival 2012 with a Canon 500D)
I seriously enjoyed reading this! I was mentally doing a checklist in my head too. Hahaha
I tend to be vain sometimes.
I cannot even begin to describe how much I love taking portraits for they best convey the message, be it happy or sad, that the photographer wants his viewers to see in his photograph. I took this photo on our batch party December last year. I asked three of my friends to smile for my camera but Maica (center) being Maica fooled around and started tickling my other friends’ armpits and so that’s how this photo came about.
One of my prettiest friends.
Good morning/evening, mi love!