My friends surprised me with a pseudo cake and asked me to say a wish before blowing a candle. “But I don’t have anything left to wish for”, I said. Well, maybe, I still have a long list of material things that I want to own but right now, I’m satisfied and content with just having enough.
What did we, singles, do on Valentine’s day?
Had a dinner date with 13 of my friends and exchanged gifts- gifts like those people in a relationship give to their partners. With friends like them, who needs boyfriends/girlfriends?
chance, n.: If I give you one, am I taking one?
Last leap day, 4 years ago
I was with my batchmates enjoying the isolated feeling in Corregidor island. Four years ago, I had no idea that I will be interested in Photography, yet still take a degree totally unrelated to it. Four years later, however, I’m still that immature kid trying to make sense of things. A lot of things matter to me now compared to back when I was that giddy girl whose life revolved around a man she barely knew. I’m a little wiser now; thank God.
I like browsing through pre-nuptial and wedding corners of photographers’ portfolios, mainly, because I’m a sucker for happy endings. And ‘cause I also like daydreaming taking pictures of my own friends’ weddings. In fact, being a pre-nuptial/wedding photographer in at least one of my friends’ wedding is in my bucket list. So you could just imagine the joy I felt when I saw these prenup pictures of my fellow Ruralites taken in, where else, UP Rural High School. Can’t help but say, someday, I’ll take pictures of my friends’ weddings as awesome as these. I just hope they’d trust me enough. :)
Things That Make Me Happy
Last week in my Psychology class, we were asked to write (while smiling) everything that make us happy- everything, from the simplest to the grandest things. I wrote down a lot and ran out of space, but then I figured, I can always write or blog about the things that make me smile whenever I want. So, here are some of the things that make me happy:
- taking photographs
- eating chocolates
- car pools with friends
- eating breakfast food all day
- watching TV series episodes
- scoring clothes on sale
- seeing the sun rise
- good morning texts and
- late night phone calls
- witnessing the sun as it sets
- non-stop gossiping with my friends
- printing photos that I took
- pigging out with family and friends
- the carefree feeling of Friday nights
- chill, stress-free weekends
- smiling at strangers
- being friends with a stranger at an instant
- feeling the wind by the beach
- seeing cute toddlers in PJs
- traveling with my family and friends
- watching wedding proposals online
- solving Math problems by myself
- finishing a good book in one sitting
- singing at the top of my lungs in the bathroom
- traveling alone (coz we all need some me-time at times)
Try doing it yourself as well. And make sure to write down everything while smiling. :)
“Serendipity - it’s one of my favorite words. It’s just such a nice sound for what it means. A fortunate accident.”
—Sara, Serendipity (2001)
The moment I saw Serena’s dress during Blair’s Royal wedding, I knew that it could pass off as a wedding gown because it really is one. The price of Serena’s bridesmaid dress is the exact opposite of the other bridesmaids’ dresses. It is from Vera Wang’s Spring 2011 collection and is insanely regularly priced at $5500!!! Oh no! My chances of wearing it is fading but I won’t fret. I’ll wear it once I find a legit prince of my own. Hahaha
A day late, but whatever.
HAPPY LATE VALENTINE’S/SINGLE AWARENESS DAY (whichever you prefer)! Here are highlights of my yesterday:
1. A guy sang and played guitar for his girlfriend in one of my lecture classes! It was the sweetest! Imagine having the guts to ask permission from our professor to play in the middle of the class in front of 160 students for his girl? I’m a sucker for guys who sing really well, so that explains all the squealing that my seatmate had to endure the entire time.
2. Dinner with my dates a.k.a. 13 of my friends!
3. Exchanged gifts with them. Gifts like those that people in a relationship give to their partners- chocolates, flowers, cakes. I’ve gotten myself a new pillow! Yay!
4. Impromptu Valentine at 11 pm. No details ‘cause I’m keeping this all to myself. Hahaha
Again, Happy Late Valentine’s/Single Awareness Day! Well, I prefer Happy Friends Appreciation Day!
Valentines Special: 15 Reasons to Date and Not Date a Photographer
Reasons to Date:
1. You will always have a nice profile picture on your Facebook.
2. He will make you see the beauty in things you see everyday.
3. You will always be asked on an adventure.
4. He would do anything and everything to take away the insecurities you have on your looks.
5. You will be his favorite model.
6. Your family would love him because they will always have a photographer to take their photos.
7. He will constantly look at you and randomly tell you how amazing you look.
8. He would make you see how an ugly movie could be pretty.
9. He would document all the memories you will have together.
10. He would never cheat on you because his only other love would be his camera.
11. When coming home from his adventures, he wouldn’t just tell you about the trip, he’d show you and make you feel like you were there.
12. You would get free access to the best spot in a concert/event.
13. Travelling by plane is essential in the relationship.
14. He will take you to breathtaking places for any occasion.
15. Leaving a photographer could be the dumbest thing you’ll ever do.
Reasons NOT to Date:
1. In a breathtaking moment, he rather shoot you than stand by you.
2. When walking on the beach, you will constantly stop so he can take the sunset.
3. Before eating your food, he will stop you so he can take photos of the food.
4. Before entering a restaurant, he will look for the table with the best lighting.
5. You will always have to dress up because you know he’s going to shoot you.
6. Instead of analyzing the story of the movie, he will annoy you with lighting facts and trivia.
7. You won’t be able to hold his hand all the time because he’s holding his camera.
8. During road trips, he wouldn’t mind you driving as long as he can take pictures.
9. His adventures will always be in risk of his safety.
10. You will end up standing alone in a concert because he’s busy shooting at a better angle.
11. There’s always a better angle than where you’re standing.
12. When you talk about something while watching something beautiful, he’s computing the settings of how he would shoot it.
13. You will forever be insecure when you use your camera.
14. You will even lose him to your own family during occasions.
15. Dating a photographer maybe the dumbest thing you’ll ever do.
Happy Valentines everyone!
(photo taken in the Hot Air Balloon Festival 2012 with a Canon 500D)
I seriously enjoyed reading this! I was mentally doing a checklist in my head too. Hahaha
I tend to be vain sometimes.
I’ve always said that the only reason I dislike receiving flowers is that they can’t be eaten but this one’s different. A chocoholic like me would really be immensely happy receiving a bouquet like this! ♥