An Open Letter To Mrs. Leica – Leica M9 vs. Leica M10
Dear Mrs. Leica,
Spring finally has arrived and, as usual after boring winters, many fresh rumors are out about you and your new fashion style for 2012. I heard it through the grapevine; rumor says you would prefer to appear in Black & White only? Well, this dress-code is best for a funeral, not that much a suit for the spring? Do you like to bury yourself ? Or are you already dressed to attend your own burial?
However, March 10, 2012 will arrive and we will get a sneak preview on your new dress. You might step down the stairs like a diva to surprise us. Maybe you will show us that a mature German Lady always can catch up with the young gals and runway-rookies from Japan? Well, up to this mystical date everything is subject of sheer speculation.
But I’d like to pick up the opportunity and add some personal thoughts to the the hefty rumors. All views are from a photographer who owns and uses one of your siblings, a Leica M9. And, in general, is quite happy with her habits. Well done, Mrs. Leica! But your daughter is still a little bit fractious and calls for some (major?) improvements, refinements and fine tuning, imho.
Read the full Leica Essay
Summer is all about getting lost in a new place and finding your way back with someone you love. My friend, Maica, and I had an epic time in my other friend Meeren’s hometown in Nagcarlan, a place unfamiliar to both of us. We will definitely go back.
Florence Syndrome - a psychosomatic illness that causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness and fainting when an individual is exposed to something immensely appealing to him/her. Yes, that exact feeling inside whenever you see your crush ♥
“Weltschmerz (n.) - the depression you feel when the world as it is, does not line up with the world you think it should be.”
a very unflattering picture of me taken almost a year ago, but who cares? Hahaha
You can never be too old or too young to start a love affair with the world. Explore and travel as much as you can.
“Some people don’t understand the promises they’re making when they make them,” I said.
“Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That’s what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.””
—The Fault In Our Stars
Life has been pretty chill now that it’s summer break already and I’m running out of things to do. I just finished reading The Hunger Games Trilogy so I figured, I could give in to the bookworm inside of me that I didn’t even knew existed. All I did today was read John Green’s The Fault In Our Stars. It’s not the ordinary teen romantic book that’s why I got so hooked. I’m learning a lot from the protagonists since almost all their conversations are not shallow and Augustus and Hazel like overthinking things, which is so much like me.
And today, I think I may have fallen in love with Augustus Waters. He’s so good with words just like Peeta from The Hunger Games trilogy, which made me realized that this characteristic is what I look for in a guy. Guys that you want to shut up whenever they speak because you don’t know how to contain all your emotions that you feel inside. Not to mention, their impossibly beautiful face. Ah, fine young men.
Nothing but good vibes and good company.
After finishing the trilogy
- I hate how every book ended except in Mockingjay.
- The movie didn’t do any justice to the cave scene!
- One more time? For the audience? *cue tearsss* :(((((
- As much as I hate Catching Fire’s ending, it’s still my favorite of the three. No, your arguments are invalid.
- It was hard for me to finish the 3rd book because it was so full of war, making me so emotional.
- My heart broke when Peeta cried to Katniss before entering the Quarter Quell </3
- Major goosebumps when all 24 victors held hands.
- Peeta manages to say the sweetest of sweetest of words. It drives me crazy. Actually, it drives anyone crazy!
- Finnick Odair, you lovely piece of work~
- I feel so much love for the Prep team! Aaaah, Octavia, Flavius and Venia.
- I hate Katniss’ self-centered attitude but other times, I can’t seem to explain how she becomes selfless for her loved ones.
- She really doesn’t have any idea on the effects she can have.
- Always. Real. These two words will never have the same effect on me after finishing the trilogy.
- Now that I’m done reading all three books, I don’t know what to do with my life anymore.
Finally, finally got our first batch of Hunger Games shirts printed!!! I especially loved this design in white. You could get yours too, here! :)
I love waking up in the morning and seeing the sun set through my window. I love preparing my own breakfast while dancing to a song in my head. I love smiling and today, this video made me smile. Clearly, I love a lot of things. But more importantly, I love John Mayer’s voice to the point that I want to marry it.
braids && prints